Since its launch in 2009, the messaging app, WhatsApp has become an inseparable part of every human on this planet who has a smartphone. If you ask me, I don’t remember using anything but Whatsapp to text someone since 2013, be it a personal or a professional contact. I mean it just needed a data pack. Also, the makers of the app have been introducing crazy feature updates like the audio & video calls making facility and the recent WhatsApp status etc. owing to the popularity of the app. And, now, WhatsApp makers are all set to cash on their popularity in India with the introduction of the WhatsApp payments feature, though not officially.
WhatsApp Payments Feature Gets AN UTI Support
Yes, you heard it right! WhatsApp has joined the list of other Unified Payments Interface (UTI) mafias in India with their WhatsApp Payments feature. This feature will allow WhatsApp users to send as well as receive payments to their WhatsApp contacts. The company has also collaborated with Indian banks like ICICI, HDFC, Axis, Yes Bank, SBI, Punjab National Bank, Allahabad Bank etc. This news excited me a lot but to some disappointment as the feature was not live on my iPhone. This is true as currently, the feature is operative in the beta stage and is available only to selective android and iOS users in India. But, no worries as I found out the secret hack to get this feature on my phone and it really works. So, I thought of sharing these steps with you guys so that you too can make payments with ease with your WhatsApp app. Follow the steps below:
Steps To Get The Beta Version Of The WhatsApp Payments Feature
- Find out who of the WhatsApp contacts in your list have WhatsApp payments feature by of course asking them.
- Then tell them to initiate a payment with your number, which sends an invite to your WhatsApp account.
- Now, just restart the app and go live with the WhatsApp Payments feature.
Now, these were the cheat codes I used to get the feature on my phone. But, this isn’t enough as one has to verify their number and follow a procedure to begin the payments feature like I did. Hence, I have made it easy by listing them down below for your guys to follow:
A Step-By-Step Guide To Install WhatsApp Payments Feature
- In the Settings menu of WhatsApp, click on the Payments option.
2. Add your bank account and accept the terms & conditions of WhatsApp. Now, verify your mobile number as per the request.
3. Once your mobile number is verified, you will get a list of banks. Choose the bank linked to your number and having UPI facility active on it.
4. On choosing your bank, you will see the last four digits of your account number, displayed. Lastly, you will have to add your debit card details to create VPA aka Virtual Payee Address. Once done, your WhatsApp payments feature is active.
5. Now, for paying a contact, click on the + sign post going to the chat of that contact. The Payments option will pop-up, but will work only if the respective contact also has the feature. Choose your amount, enter your UPI id and pay.
Well, that’s such a convenient method of payment. And, according to me and others, WhatsApp is going to give a tough competition to other UTI app in India owing to its humongous user base in India. Imagine 200 million users with the app being operative in 10 different languages! I literally can’t wait for the official full-fledged launch of WhatsApp in India. Aren’t you?
Also Read: Easy Working Methods to Hack WhatsApp Account